Jocelyn Dawson, Duke, Chair
Niko Pfund, Oxford
Central Office Liaison
- Organize the main program and procure speakers/panellists/moderators for the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- Issue a Call for Proposals by August 1, 2020, and contact committee chairs to solicit programming input by September 1, 2020.
- Schedule an informal meeting during the Association’s 2020 Annual Meeting and a formal one-day meeting of the Committee in Fall 2020 to brainstorm topics and speakers for the sessions and divide up responsibilities for various panels and plenaries.
- Continue to develop and support Collaboration Labs, ensuring differentiation from more traditional session formats.
- Within existing constraints (time, resources, contractual obligations to hotel), incorporate alternative session formats (e.g., unmeetings, vendor forums).
- Attract individuals from beyond the Association community – both as speakers and attendees.
- Establish a draft program schedule by December 2020. Provide outline of the program in a December interim offline report to the Board. Recruit program speakers by February 2021.
- Submit a proposed recommended allocation of the speakers’ budget to the Central Office by February 2021.
- Develop speaker/facilitator guidelines to ensure expectations are clearly communicated and sessions are sufficiently interactive.
- Provide copy for preliminary program by February 1, 2021, and a final printed program by May 1, 2021, or other dates provided by the Central Office.
- Work with the Central Office to help market and promote the Annual Meeting.
- Work with the Central Office to attract sponsors for the Annual Meeting.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.