Hope LeGro, Georgetown, Co-Chair (hjs6 AT georgetown DOT edu)
Cameron Ludwick, Texas, Co-Chair (cludwick AT utpress DOT utexas DOT edu)
Rebecca Allen, TCU
Chad Attenborough, California
Rebecca Brutus, Cornell
Chris Grieves, Edinburgh
Meagan Levinson, Princeton
Kemi Ogunji, South Carolina
Alison Welsby, Liverpool
Michelle Woo-Deemer, Getty
Charles Watkinson, Michigan
Central Office Liaisons
- Organize the main program and procure speakers/panelists/moderators for the 2023 Annual Meeting, which will be held virtually.
- In organizing the main program and procuring speakers/panelists/moderators, create sustainable opportunities and frameworks for EJI initiatives that invite input from the EJI committee and membership and generate continued progress and expansion for future meetings.
- Implement creative solutions to engage and invite participation from non-US-based membership, learned societies, and AUPresses members throughout all stages of their careers; develop strategies to prioritize accessibility for all.
- Promote opportunities for organic networking throughout the program and explore creative ways to use virtual conferencing technology to encourage enthusiastic participation and engagement throughout the program.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons groups.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity & inclusion by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the year.
- Seek opportunities when conducting activities and events to recruit new members to serve on your committee in future years, being sure to emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your efforts; include in your final report to the board discussion of your recruiting efforts; share with the Executive Director the names of potential future committee members.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 27, 2022, and March 20, 2023; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 25, 2023. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.