Courtney Berger, Duke, Chair (cberger AT dukeupress DOT edu)
Andrew Berzanskis, Washington
Deborah Gershenowitz, North Carolina
Zachary Gresham, Vanderbilt
Catherine Goldstead, Johns Hopkins
Kitty Liu, Cornell
Kristen Elias Rowley, Ohio State
Peggy Solic, Syracuse
Jenny Tan, Pennsylvania
Anthony Cond, Liverpool
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist the Association’s members in establishing best practices for acquisitions editors and fostering conversation and collaboration amongst acquisitions editors.
Specific Charges to the Acquisitions Editorial Committee:
- Coordinate final review process for new and revised Best Practices for Peer Review Handbook (drafted by 2019-20 Committee); continue drafting new content on equity in peer review, as well as other revisions as necessary.
- Within existing time constraints, develop an inventory of Good Practice for Editorial Board Governance.
- Identify opportunities for discussion and collaboration amongst editors and foster those interactions; working with the Central Office, sustainably plan for the continuation of a monthly Friday Editorial Hangouts program.
- As requested, assist the Faculty Outreach Committee in the creation of educational content for scholars and authors.
- Coordinate participation in Peer Review Week activities with the Central Office.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee in planning any acquisitions-related sessions for the 2021 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent session topics to be referred to the 2022 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons Group
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the course of the year.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2020, and February 25, 2021; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 20, 2021. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.