Mary Dougherty, Massachusetts, Chair (mvd AT umpress DOT umass DOT edu)
Lisa Bayer, Georgia
Allison Belan, Duke
Anthony Cond, Liverpool
Dawn Durante, Texas
Dennis Lloyd Wisconsin
Central Office Liaison
- Evaluate all applications from presses to become Association members in the various categories and recommend acceptance or rejection to the Board.
Specific Charges to the Admissions & Standards Committee:
- Carry out the duties set forth in the Bylaws and in the “Guidelines on Admissions.”
- Review applications and advise candidate organizations promptly, with the goal of making a recommendation within 30 days of receiving material.
- Support the Central Office in its efforts to identify and encourage suitable new membership candidates.
- Review current new member welcome materials; suggest additions and improvements.
- Investigate any complaints regarding the failure of a member to adhere to the relevant standards of membership, and make appropriate recommendations for further action to the Central Office and the Board.
- Investigate whether AUPresses should revise relevant governance documents (Bylaws, Membership Guidelines) to require applicants to acknowledge the Association’s core values and/or to require members to adopt a code of conduct; in your investigation, consider approaches taken by kindred organizations, as well as issues of process, enforceability, and sanction; report to the Board as soon as possible, but no later than in time for its March 2021 meeting.
- Make a summary report on Committee activities to the Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings; reports are due on October 8, 2020, February 25, 2021, and May 20, 2021.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.