Donna Shear, Nebraska, Chair (dshear2 AT unl DOT edu)
Mike Bieker, Arkansas
Alice Ennis, Illinois
Mary Francis, Pennsylvania
Jean Kim, Stanford
Central Office Liaison
- Provide oversight to the conduct of the Association’s annual financial audit.
Specific Charges to the Audit Committee:
- Confirm the selection of an independent accounting firm to conduct the audit.
- Meet (virtually) with principals of the accounting firm responsible for conducting the audit to review audit procedures, answer questions, and receive the audit report.
- Review any disclosures contained in the audit report to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Review the final audit report, following up with the independent accounting firm as necessary.
- Issue a Request for Proposals for an accounting firm to conduct the FY2019-20 audit.
- Report annually in writing to the board (at its meeting following conclusion of the audit) and the membership (at the annual business meeting) on the outcome of the audit.