Kelly Finefrock Creed, Alabama, Chair (kcreed AT uapress DOT ua DOT edu)
Angela Anderson, Marine Corps
Jennifer Comeau, Illinois
Julia Cook, Rochester
Jillian Downey, Michigan
Laura Furney, Colorado
Amanda Krause, Arizona
Kristin Harpster, Wayne State
Mary Lui, Toronto
Neal Novak, Louisiana State
David Rosenbaum, Missouri
Robbie Dircks, North Carolina
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the operations of the editorial, design, and production departments of their presses.
Specific Charges to Editorial, Design, & Production:
- Working with the Central Office, plan a half- or full-day pre-meeting workshop for the 2020 Annual Meeting, with a program designed to assist attendees in improving the operations of the design and production departments of their presses.
- Continue to help educate the membership about the impact of digital workflow on editorial, design, and production departments.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any design and production-related sessions for the 2020 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent meeting topics to be referred to the Montreal 2021 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.