Mary Lui, Toronto, co-chair (mlui AT utpress DOT utoronto DOT ca)
Julia Cook, Rochester, co-chair (cook AT boydellusa DOT net)
Jennifer Comeau, Illinois
Kelly Finefrock Creed, Alabama
Laura Furney, Colorado
Elena Goranescu, McGill-Queen’s
Kristin Harpster, Wayne State
Amanda Krause, Arizona
Neal Novak, Louisiana State
Lisa Bayer, Georgia
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the operations of the editorial, design, and production departments of their presses.
Specific Charges to Editorial, Design, & Production:
- Working with the Central Office, plan a half- or full-day virtual workshop for EDP staff
- Solicit EDP templates and resources to share on UP Commons
- Review the AUPresses Digital Submission Guidelines and determine whether revisions are necessary.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any editorial, design, and production-related sessions for the 2021 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Organize at least one EDP Hangout per committee year.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent meeting topics to be referred to the 2022 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons Group
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the course of the year.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2020, and February 25, 2021; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 20, 2021. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.