Jason Gosnell, Marine Corps, Chair (Jason DOT Gosnell AT usmcu DOT edu)
James Ayers, New Mexico
Lynne Ferguson, Texas
Virginia Fontana, Nevada
Amanda Frost, Michigan State
Stephani Miller, Marine Corps
Ryan Morris, SUNY
Sarah Muncy, AHA
Maia Rigas, Northwestern
Christine Thorsteinsson, Harvard
Nicole Tilford, SBL
Marthe Walters, Florida
Angela Anderson, Marine Corps
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the operations of the editorial, design, and production departments of their presses.
Specific Charges to Editorial, Design, & Production Committee:
- Continue to develop resources that support the Association’s members in improving ebook accessibility; collaborate with Digital Publishing Committee as relevant.
- Promote collaboration between editorial, design, and production professionals by offering forums (e.g., hangouts, workshops) for ongoing education on key topics of interest to the community. These may include sustainability, digital workflows, and outsourcing.
- Solicit, review, organize, and post resources on UP Commons connected to topics covered by the Committee.
- In close coordination with the Central Office, work to further the EDP-related initiatives of Support Ukrainian Publishing Resilience & Recovery (SUPRR).
- Working with the Central Office, develop an EDP-related UP Commons resource list for member presses committed to furthering the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons groups.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity & inclusion by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the year.
- Seek opportunities when conducting activities and events to recruit new members to serve on your committee in future years, being sure to emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your efforts; include in your final report to the board discussion of your recruiting efforts; share with the Executive Director the names of potential future committee members.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on 22 September 2023, and 1 March 2024; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due 31 May 2024. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members, along with board and staff liaisons.)
- Apply the lens of equity, diversity, inclusion, and decolonization to all committee work.
- Appoint a member of your committee to serve as a liaison to the Equity, Justice, Inclusion, and Belonging Committee, providing updates on your committee’s EJIB efforts, seeking information, support, or guidance on EJIB matters as needed, and attending Fall and Spring meetings for liaisons sponsored by EJIB Committee.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.