Julia Cook, Rochester, Co-Chair (cook AT boydellusa DOT net)
Laura Furney, Colorado, Co-Chair (laura AT upcolorado DOT com)
Jennifer Comeau, Washington
Lynne Ferguson, Texas
Amanda Frost, Michigan State
Chris Granville, Duke
Ryan Morris, SUNY
Sarah Muncy Cincinnati
Christine Thorsteinsson, Harvard
Charles Watkinson, Michigan
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the operations of the editorial, design, and production departments of their presses.
Specific Charges to Editorial, Design, & Production:
- Working with the Central Office, plan a half- or full-day virtual workshop for EDP staff
- Organize at least one EDP Hangout per committee year.
- Continue to solicit, post, and organize EDP resources, including templates and recommendations and reviews of tools/software, training/classes, and useful non-UP forums, to share on UP Commons.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any editorial, design, and production-related sessions for the 2022 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent meeting topics to be referred to the 2023 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons groups.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity & inclusion by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the course of the year.
- Seek opportunities when conducting activities and events to recruit new members to serve on your committee in future years, being sure to emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your efforts; include in your final report to the board discussion of your recruiting efforts; share with the Executive Director the names of potential future committee members.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 4, 2021, and February 28, 2022; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 20, 2022. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.