Gita Manaktala, MIT, Co-Chair (manak AT mit DOT edu)
Brian Halley, Massachusetts, Co-Chair (Brian DOT Halley AT umb DOT edu)
Ellen Bush, North Carolina
Gianna Mosser, Vanderbilt
Stephanie Prieto, Wesleyan
Lanell White, Michigan
Stephanie Williams, Ohio
Central Office Liaison
- Support the development and implementation of programs and resources that uphold the Association’s core value of diversity and that increase equity, justice, and inclusion throughout the AUPresses community.
- Develop and consolidate existing resources for diversity, equity, antiracism, and inclusion work to share on UP Commons, including specific recommendations for actions and activities that can be undertaken by member presses.
- Develop networking and mentorship opportunities for member-press staff from under-represented backgrounds; coordinate with the Professional Development Committee and Annual Meeting Program Committee as appropriate.
- Recommend professional development opportunities and tools throughout the year via the Association discussion lists; coordinate with the Professional Development Committee as appropriate.
- Plan a Collaboration Lab for the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Finalize the statement on anti-racism developed by the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force for approval by the Board.
- Develop best practices for creating inclusive environments at Association-sponsored events.
- Liaise with Coalition for Diversity and Inclusion in Scholarly Communication (C4DISC) as requested.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.