Ellen Bush, North Carolina, Chair (ellen.bush AT uncpress DOT org)
Mike Baccam, Washington
Tara Cyphers, Ohio State
Brian Halley, Massachusetts
Gita Manaktala, MIT
Gianna Mosser, Vanderbilt
Stephanie Prieto, Wesleyan
Cathy Rimer-Surles, Duke
Stephanie Williams, Wayne State
Christie Henry, Princeton
Central Office Liaison
- Support the development and implementation of programs and resources that uphold the Association’s core value of diversity and that increase equity, justice, inclusion throughout the AUPresses community.
- Develop and consolidate existing resources for diversity, equity, antiracism, and inclusion work to share on UP Commons, including specific recommendations for actions and activities that can be undertaken by member presses.
- Develop networking and mentorship opportunities for member-press staff from under-represented backgrounds; coordinate with the Professional Development Committee and Annual Meeting Program Committee as appropriate.
- Recommend professional development opportunities and tools throughout the year via the Association discussion lists; coordinate with the Professional Development Committee as appropriate.
- As requested, plan a Collaboration Lab for the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- Continue the coordination of facilitated discussion events for the 2020 Community Read program; evaluate [and plan for] the effective continuation of a Community Read.
- Develop best practices for creating inclusive environments at Association-sponsored events.
- Liaise with Coalition for Diversity and Inclusion in Scholarly Communication as requested.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons Group
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the course of the year.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2020, and February 25, 2021; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 20, 2021. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.