Robbie Dircks, North Carolina, Chair (dircks AT email DOT unc DOT edu)
Mike Bieker, Arkansas
Susan Doerr, Minnesota
Donna Shear, Nebraska
Erik Smist, Johns Hopkins
Jean Kim, Stanford
Central Office Liaisons
Peter Berkery, Kim Miller
- Provide oversight to the investment of the Association’s quasi-endowment fund.
Specific Charges to the Investment Committee:
- Review and as necessary update the fund’s Investment Policy; ensure investment selections remain consistent with policy.
- Receive and review periodic reports from the fund’s investment advisor(s); participate in periodic conference calls with investment advisor(s).
- Submit to the Board of Directors a proposal to shift to a self-directed investment account.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the allocation of fund principal between a prudent reserve and funding for strategic initiatives.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the use(s) of fund income.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.