Sarah Jones Weicksel, American Historical Association, Chair (sweicksel AT historians DOT org)
Ian Caswell, UCL
Katharine Easterby, Liverpool
Mary Francis, Pennsylvania
Sara Pastel, MLA
Jennifer Sacher, ASCSA
Sandra Shaw, Toronto
Wendy Queen, Johns Hopkins
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the activities of and promoting the public face of their journals programs.
Specific Charges to the Journals Committee:
- Arrange a virtual Journals Assembly prior to the 2023 Annual Meeting and develop and implement journals-focused sessions, including collaboration opportunities, at the Meeting.
- Finalize Editor Onboarding Toolkit and post to UP Commons.
- As requested, support the work of the Task Force on Operating Statistics and the Open Access Committee in creating resources that help members publishing journals navigate a changing landscape.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons groups.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity & inclusion by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the year.
- Seek opportunities when conducting activities and events to recruit new members to serve on your committee in future years, being sure to emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your efforts; include in your final report to the board discussion of your recruiting efforts; share with the Executive Director the names of potential future committee members.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 27, 2022, and March 20, 2023; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 25, 2023. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.