Emily Taylor, Ohio State, Chair (emily AT osupress DOT org)
Alexa Colella, Illinois
Claire Eder, Wisconsin
Jason Gosnell, Marine Corps
Clare Hooper, Liverpool
Jessica Karp, Penn State
Stacy Lavin, Duke
Joel Puchalla, Nebraska
Julie Warheit, Wayne State
Alice Ennis, Illinois
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the activities of and promoting the public face of their journals programs.
Specific Charges to the Journals Committee:
- Arrange a Journals Assembly at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- As requested by the Annual Meeting Program Committee, develop and implement at least four journals-focused sessions, including Collaboration Labs at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Recommend to the Annual Meeting Program Committee several session topics that are relevant to both journal and book program staff.
- Design/distribute direct mail messages (both postal and e-mail, if budget exists) announcing journals-focused Annual Meeting programming to each journals member of the Association.
- As requested, support the work of the Task Force on Operating Statistics.
- Maintain a list of significant reports, articles, and blogs pertaining to scholarly journal publishing; announce additions to that list through regular postings to the J list and appropriate social media (e.g., LinkedIn Discussion Forum, the Facebook Group, and UP Commons).
- Working with Association staff, task members of the community to create/share new journals-focused content for sharing and posting to the UP Commons.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.