Jessica Karp, Penn State, Chair (jxk82 AT psu DOT edu)
Megan Ainsworth, Liverpool
Alexa Colella, Illinois
Claire Eder, Wisconsin
Jason Gosnell, Marine Corps
Stacy Lavin, Duke
Joel Puchalla, Nebraska
Sandra Shaw, Toronto
Julie Warheit, Wayne State
Alice Ennis, Illinois
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the activities of and promoting the public face of their journals programs.
Specific Charges to the Journals Committee:
- Arrange a virtual Journals Assembly.
- As requested by the Annual Meeting Program Committee, develop and implement journals-focused sessions, including Collaboration Labs (if the format is available) at the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- Recommend to the Annual Meeting Program Committee several session topics that are relevant to both journal and book program staff.
- As requested, support the work of the Task Force on Operating Statistics and the Open Access Task Force.
- As requested, provide input and support to the Open Access Task Force and/or the Operating Statistics Task Force as they work with the Central Office to restructure the Association’s survey activities.
- Maintain a list of significant reports, articles, and blogs pertaining to scholarly journal publishing; announce additions to that list through regular postings to UP Commons.
- Working with Association staff, task members of the community to create/share new journals-focused content for sharing and posting to the UP Commons.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons Group
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the course of the year.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2020, and February 25, 2021; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 20, 2021. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.