Liz Hamilton, Northwestern, Chair (emhamilton AT northwestern DOT edu)
Geoffrey Little, Concordia
Ana Jimenez-Moreno, Ohio State
John McLeod, North Carolina
Abby Mogollón, Arizona
Elizabeth Scarpelli, Cincinnati
Joell Smith-Borne, Vanderbilt
Anthony Cond, Liverpool
Central Office Liaison
- Expand communications and collaborations to promote mutual understanding between university presses and libraries, particularly academic libraries, paying attention to the wide range of relationships that exist between libraries and presses including as publishing partners, institutional reports, project collaborators, and core customers.
- Working with the Central Office, plan a half- or full-day pre-meeting workshop for the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Support the Central Office in the execution of any joint projects or initiatives between the Association and the ARL, the LPC, and other library-related organizations.
- Represent the interests of the association by proposing a session at the 2020 Library Publishing Forum and other library conferences to further build relationships with library publishers and educate on opportunities with university presses.
- As appropriate, share library-related news and resources with colleagues via the lists or UP Commons.
- Working with the Central Office and the LPC, determine the feasibility of continuing the Cross-Pollination program. If it continues, work with the associations to seek funding for cross-pollination grants, coordinate the process of promoting and administering the grants, and organizing and mentoring the recipients.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee in the development of any library-related programming for the 2020 Annual Meeting, including a hosted breakfast table, individual sessions, and Collaboration Labs.
- Wherever possible, use programming opportunities (webinars, pre-meeting workshop, Annual Meeting) to present information and stimulate conversation around libraries as customers of university press content.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent meeting topics to be referred to the Montreal 2021 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.