Kathryn Pitts, Notre Dame, Chair (pitts DOT 5 AT nd DOT edu)
Romi Gutierrez, Florida
Stephanie Adams, Stanford
Jennie Collinson, Liverpool
Amy Harris, MIT
Casey LaVela, Wisconsin
Bailey Morrison, Texas
Erin Rolfs, McGill-Queen’s
Lara Mainville, Ottawa
Central Office Liaisons
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving the marketing activities of their presses.
- As requested, support the Central Office in the implementation of its Advocacy activities.
- Working with the Central Office, plan a half- or full-day pre-meeting workshop for the 2020 Annual Meeting, with a program designed to assist attendees in improving the marketing activities of their presses.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any marketing-related sessions and Collaboration Labs for the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Execute the plan created in 2018-2019 for updating Marketing Handbook and collecting other pertinent resources to be hosted on UP Commons. Work with Central Office to promote this revised, enriched content and the Handbook in general.
- As requested, advise the Central Office as existing cooperative advertising and marketing programs are evaluated and as new proposals arise.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent meeting topics to be referred to the Montreal 2021 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.
Created and continually refreshed by the committee, this Handbook is an essential primer and reference for marketing, sales, and publicity work for scholarly and university publishers.