Jennifer Crewe, Columbia, Chair (jc373 AT columbia DOT edu)
Kathyrn Conrad, Arizona
Mary Francis, Pennsylvania
Lara Mainville, Ottawa
Fred Nachbaur, Fordham
Erich van Rijn, California
Mark Simpson-Vos, North Carolina
Central Office Liaison
Submit nominations to the Board for candidates to fill vacancies for five positions on the 2021-2022 Board of Directors: a president-elect; a treasurer-elect; and two members at large. An interim report should be submitted by October 8, 2020, in time for the Board’s Fall meeting. The nomination report should be submitted by February 25, 2021 in time for the Board’s Winter meeting, and should include a brief biography and statement of interest from each nominee.
In proposing nominations please keep in mind the following considerations:
- The need to solicit names of candidates from the membership.
- The demonstrated interest, contributions to the Association via service on committees, task forces, and professional development programs, and recognized competence of potential candidates.
- Candidates should represent the heterogeneity of the Association membership (role at their press, press size, institutional affiliation, and geography) and reflect the goals of the 2016 membership restructuring.
- The Association’s commitment to increased diversity and inclusivity should be prioritized.
- The President-elect must be a press director and must have served previously on the Board of Directors.
Additional Task: investigate potential changes to the process by which board members are chosen in order to increase both transparency and membership input; consider approaches taken by kindred organizations; report to the Board by May 20, 2021.