Christine Thorsteinsson, Harvard, Chair (christine_thorsteinsson AT harvard DOT edu)
Courtney Berger, Duke
Lyndsey Claro, Princeton
Kathryn Marguy, Johns Hopkins
Alison Shay, North Carolina
Lisa Tremaine, Texas Review
Greg Britton, Johns Hopkins
Central Office Liaisons
Angelica Devoe, Susan Patton
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving their publishing expertise, developing their leadership skills, and enhancing their professional development.
- Collaborating with other Committees as appropriate and working with the Central Office, plan and execute a series of professional development webinars.
- Explore possible cooperative professional development programs with appropriately aligned organizations.
- Evaluate Residency Program applications; support efforts by the Central Office and the Board to identify additional sources of financial support for the program.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any professional development-related sessions and Collaboration Labs for the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Administer the Mentoring Program at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
- Working with the Annual Meeting Program Committee organize a speed networking session at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.