Kathryn Marguy, Johns Hopkins, Chair (krm AT press DOT jhu DOT edu)
Lisa Banning, Rutgers
Courtney Berger, Duke
Lyndsey Claro, Princeton
David Juarez, Notre Dame
Joe Rusko, Johns Hopkins
Lisa Tremaine, Texas Review
Additional members TBA
Stephanie Williams, Wayne State
Central Office Liaisons
Angelica Devoe, Susan Patton
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist Association members in improving their publishing expertise, developing their leadership skills, and enhancing their professional development.
- Collaborating with other Committees as appropriate and working with the Central Office, plan and execute a series of professional development webinars. Work with Central Office to secure funding to keep events accessible to members.
- Explore possible cooperative professional development programs with appropriately aligned organizations.
- Evaluate Residency Program applications; support efforts by the Central Office and the Board to identify additional sources of financial support for the program.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any professional development-related sessions and Collaboration Labs (if the format is available) for the 2021 Annual Meeting.
- Administer the Mentoring Program and facilitate a virtual event for participants.
- Working with the Annual Meeting Program Committee organize a speed networking session at the 2021 Annual Meeting.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Corporation:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons Group
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the course of the year.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2020, and February 25, 2021; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 20, 2021. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.