Scholastica, University of Oregon Libraries, and the George Washington University MPS in Publishing program are hosting this free educational webinar.
When XML Marks the Spot: Machine-readable journal articles for discovery and preservation will offer a crash course on the benefits of XML article production and use cases with a focus on the needs of campus-based publishing programs, including:
- The different types of XML used by indexes and archives (with an overview of JATS)
- How producing article-level metadata and/or full-text XML can unlock journal discovery and archiving opportunities with examples
- Additional benefits of XML for journal accessibility as well as professional and publishing program development
- When XML is needed and when it may not be the best use of journal resources
- Ways to produce XML, including an overview of Scholastica’s production service
There will be a live Q&A following the presentation. Registrants will receive the full recording.