Julia Cook, Rochester, Co-Chair (cook AT boydellusa DOT net)
Emily Zoss, NGA, Co-Chair (e DASH zoss AT nga DOT gov)
Meagan Dyer, British Columbia
Jenny Hunt, Baylor
Sergiy Kozakov, Athabasca
Daniel McShane SUNY
Deirdre Mullervy, Gallaudet
Elizabeth Scarpelli, Cincinnati
Tara Cyphers, Ohio State
Central Office Liaison
McKenzi Thi Murphy
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to educate the Association’s members about digital publishing infrastructure, tools, and methods; encourage conversations and collaboration among presses around challenges posed by new forms of digital publishing.
Specific Charges to the Digital Publishing Committee:
- Develop resources for member presses that promote best practices and build capacity and fluency in digital publishing and accessibility; host at least one webinar or hangout.
- Propose a session for the Annual Meeting; provide support as needed for others preparing sessions focused on digital publishing.
- Liaise with other committees to discuss opportunities to develop resources and programming at the intersection of digital publishing and other committee charges.
- Evaluate where there may be potential areas of overlap with other committees; propose refinements to focus the work of the committee in the future or consider possible sunsetting of committee; report findings to the board.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons groups.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity & inclusion by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the year.
- Seek opportunities when conducting activities and events to recruit new members to serve on your committee in future years, being sure to emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your efforts; include in your final report to the board discussion of your recruiting efforts; share with the Executive Director the names of potential future committee members.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on 22 September 2023, and 1 March 2024; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due 31 May 2024. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members, along with board and staff liaisons.)
- Apply the lens of equity, diversity, inclusion, and decolonization to all committee work.
- Appoint a member of your committee to serve as a liaison to the Equity, Justice, Inclusion, and Belonging Committee, providing updates on your committee’s EJIB efforts, seeking information, support, or guidance on EJIB matters as needed, and attending Fall and Spring meetings for liaisons sponsored by EJIB Committee.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.