Bonnie Russell, Wayne State, Chair (bonnie DOT russell AT wayne DOT edu)
Darcy Cullen, British Columbia
Taylor Dietrich, Cambridge
Elizabeth Demers, Michigan
Terry Ehling, MIT
Kevin Hawkins, North Texas
Beth Fuget, Washington
Jeremy Morse, Michigan
Clara Totten, Georgetown
Mary Francis, Pennsylvania
Central Office Liaisons
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to educate Association members on emerging technologies and the opportunities they present for the publishing industry.
Specific Charges to the Digital Publishing Committee:
- Provide the Professional Development Committee with webinar content that exposes participants to emerging technologies relevant to the publishing industry; in doing this, be mindful of the heterogeneity of the membership, particularly with regard to current state of technology adoption.
- Advise Association staff on establishment and development of a UP Commons site for listing shared infrastructure projects and services, a protocol for users to add projects, and effective ongoing data collection in this area.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement technology-related sessions and/or vendor forums for the 2020 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent meeting topics to be referred to the Montreal 2021 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 8, 2019, and February 26, 2020; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 15, 2020. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.