Kate O’Brien-Nicholson, Fordham, Chair (bkaobrien AT fordham DOT edu)
Elizabeth Demers, Michigan
Taylor Dietrich, Cambridge
Meagan Dyer, British Columbia
Beth Fuget, Washington
Ally Lee, Liverpool
John Normansell, Manchester
Lily Simmons, Pennsylvania
Sara Thaxton, Arizona
Emily Zoss, National Gallery of Art
Allison Belan, Duke
Central Office Liaison
- Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to educate Association members on emerging technologies and the opportunities they present for the publishing industry.
Specific Charges to the Digital Publishing Committee:
- Develop webinar content and other resources that expose member presses to new developments in digital publishing and help them build the relevant knowledge and skills.
- Help organize discussions and actions around accessibility in digital publishing, to encourage member presses to create accessible publications.
- Working with the Open Access Committee and Central Office, determine when and how to gather data on members’ digital publishing activities.
- Liaise with other committees to develop resources and programming at the intersection of digital publishing and other committee charges.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement sessions related to digital publishing for the 2022 Annual Meeting.
- Include in your June final report to the Board suggestions for concurrent meeting topics to be referred to the 2023 Annual Meeting Program Committee.
Common Charges to All Committees of the Association:
- Include your board and staff liaisons in all committee communications and activities.
- Use UP Commons as your primary communications and collaboration tool.
- Encourage discussions on appropriate UP Commons groups.
- Coordinate all research and survey activity through the Central Office.
- Seek opportunities to support the Association’s core value of diversity & inclusion by engaging in activities and developing programs that include participation from diverse members of the community and/or that aim to increase equity and inclusivity in our community.
- Seek opportunities to support the goals of the Association’s 2016 membership restructuring by integrating into your committee activities the participation of colleagues from non-North American member presses.
- Support the Annual Meeting Program Committee as requested, and include in your final report to the board any suggestions for future programming your committee identifies over the course of the year.
- Seek opportunities when conducting activities and events to recruit new members to serve on your committee in future years, being sure to emphasize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your efforts; include in your final report to the board discussion of your recruiting efforts; share with the Executive Director the names of potential future committee members.
- Submit reports on Committee activities to the Association Board in time for its October, March, and June meetings. Interim reports are due on October 4, 2021, and February 28, 2022; final reports that recap all committee activities for the year and are shared with the membership are due May 20, 2022. (For convenience, please reproduce your Charge & Tasks at the beginning of all reports, and list the names and institutional affiliations of all committee members.)
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks at the end of the service year, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.