Virtual Annual Meeting
June 7-18, 2021
The AUPresses 2021 Annual Meeting, originally scheduled to be held June 15-17 in Montréal, will now be held virtually. The Board of Directors determined that the risk of compromising the health and safety of attendees, and the communities in which they live, makes convening virtually in 2021 the appropriate step. The Association is now scheduled to meet in Montréal in June 2024.
The 2021 Program Committee, chaired by Jocelyn Dawson (Duke), is excited to build on the first AUPresses Virtual Annual Meeting (2020) and is seeking proposals for virtual sessions and collaboration labs.
The deadline to submit proposals was October 15, 2020. The Committee invited proposals that:
- consider how to effectively create an inclusive work culture that accounts for the full range of human talent.
- explicitly complicate and expand current conversations (e.g., around neurodiversity, learning styles, mentorship, community engagement, recruitment and advancement of BIPOC staff, the integration of equity principles into the nuts and bolts of our publishing processes.)
- address the interaction of university press work and social justice movements. The academy and academic publishing have often served as a wellspring for social movements, percolating out from campus into the broader culture. At this time of social ferment, what role should we play here?
- take advantage of the opportunities that the virtual meeting format presents.
- offer takeaways and actionable advice applicable to presses of all sizes.
The program committee will strive to represent a variety of perspectives in all sessions: presses of different sizes and regions, speakers and facilitators from different departments, career levels, and other variables—with racial and gender diversity being an integral part of that variety. A preliminary program will be available in early 2021.
Stay in the Know
Sign up for the AUPresses Annual Meeting Mailing List to hear about meeting plans, dates, and more.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.